Tuesday 19 March 2013

Rendering Practise

Its been a while since my last post but I havnt had a chance to stop and breathe, let alone post on my blog but here is whats happened in between.


With the interim crit coming up I decided to start experimenting with some rendering techniques that I could appy to the plan, sections and sketches. My normal style is a combination of bucket filling and photo collaging on top of hand drawn work, but from previous crits I knew that the bucket filling was quite flat and the collaging needed to represent actual types of planting at this scale and not just look nice.

So the idea to give a better texture and depth to my rendering was to continue with a pale bucket fill and then use coloured pencil over the top to show shadow. Jamie said yesterday not to use drop shadows in photoshop as they make the file to big but ive found it a quick and effective way to shadow. I will probably use both methods in my final render.

I also decided to draw myself a set of trees from both plan and elevation that i could quickly load into every drawing for consistency.


























Julia doesnt like my people i've made in photoshop but i think they are more effective and stand out in a section better. She suggested to try them in grey but you might lose them in the sketch then?



















Interim Crit

Given how manic the last week has been the interim cit went really well, my actual design resoloution was good they said, most of the changes needed are minor like font size and annotation etc. The problem is im off to Uganda for 2 weeks at the end of March which leaves me a week to make all the changes, make a draft model and resolve my 1 to 50 area! Unlikely I think but we'll see how far I get.

Jamie was unconvinced by the circular gardens, I think it was the reason for the shapes that wasnt clear and he also said I needed to add 20% to those gardens which would help explain them more. Also the trees are to scattered so need to be denser, and the templates I drew are to generic and should represent individual trees. My planting is a bit unclear at the moment and its not my biggest strength but that needs resolving and I need to find a way to show my contempory hard landscaping in the drawings so that its clear my design is Contempory Gardenesque.

























 








No comments:

Post a Comment