Friday 10 May 2013

The Final Crit 07/05/2013

Last monday was the day the last few weeks have been building up to, and seeing it all up on the wall I can't believe how much work I managed in churn out in that amount of time. Whats crazy is that I wasn't even behind but was still pulling 14 hour shifts most days to get all the work done!

The down side was that I ended up rushing my 1:50 sections and sequentials and, as I was expecting, everyone picked up on it. I have realised that I was getting carried away in photoshop and not playing to my strengths. Seeing some of the work that others were producing in photoshop I wanted to do the same but I dont have the technical skills (or time) to pull it off and actually my drawing is much stronger. So I've redrawn my sections and they look much better already!

Other than that the crit went really well. I was nervous about the presentation and being second up wasn't easy but what usually happens is when I get up the front the nerves go and I just get on with it and that was what happened tuesday. The general feedback was that my work needed to tie together better on the wall, which could be achieved by using the same colour range in each plan. Apart from the 1:50 sections and sketches there was nothing majorly wrong but a few drawings need some tweaking. I came out with a decent mark and although I'm near the next grade boundary I'm not going to work myself into the ground re-drawing and rendering because there are new drawings and models to focus on.

At least the majority of the work is done now, next on to construction drawings and the final exhibition!







1:200 MODEL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment